Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A new hope

Hey everyone,

this is me - yep I'm Daniel. Today I start this devlog because it might be a good method to think about the progress of my game. So eeehm which game?! What am I talking about? Wooot?!
Last year I started a mobile game (ios & android) based on the libgdx framework. Well, I didn't finish it. I don't know really why I stopped the development. Two weeks ago I opened the project files again and there it was. My lovely lovely game which I call turbomine. I like this working title and it could be the final one.
It's one of those games which don't really need a background story, but I'll tell you the plot anyway!

You are one of those poor guys who work in a ore mine.
Good thing, there are ressources.
Bad thing, your boss is a turbo capitalist so: time is running and you need to collect what he wants!

Thats it. Collect all the wanted ressouces before time runs out. It is fast and challenging. I like the prototype allready.

At the moment the game is about 10-15 precent finished. There are some bugs and I really want to implement more and more and more features.
I'm a programming noob. I'd say I know the basics, but I'm not a PROgrammer. What I do if I don't work on turbomine is creating websites and shooting videos (music / image / commercials).
What I really hate are those moments when there appears an error warning what makes me think:
wtf what is this?! Like the last days. My game didn't launch on my test device. After some tries I deleted my local branch and when I built the project again a error warning showed up.


Perhabs you know those moments, too? I couldn't find a real solution on the internet, so I created a new libgdx project and copied the assets and java files into it. Yeah kinda dirty, but it works. 

If someone reads this, please tell me what you'd like to know, to see or if you like this blog. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment