Friday, April 10, 2015

Turbomine Devlog #2

Welcome to my second Turbomine devlog!
To be honest.. I didn't do a lot since my last (and first) post. There were a lot of other things to do, but I managed to implement some minor features and thought about "how to plan game development" in general.

New features
  • Game Over
  • Last Score
  • Best Score
  • Audio ON/OFF (just the button)
Yeah, this list is easy to read.
What did I do? I created a new manager Class. The PreferenceManager uses the Libgdx preferences which stores data in a hash map file.In my case I want to store the best and last score, but also the information if audio is enabled. (Thanks to the awesome libgdx community for the little help ;)
Whenever a game gets into the game over state, the scores move into the preferences and the user returns to the main menu.

 I was thinking a lot which features my game should have. But it doesn't need that much. The whole challenge of the game would be not that intense as it is now. There is one power up in my game allready. Called the "Time bomb". The user will get some amount of time if he collects it.
Pants down - this is how my prototype looks right now!



I will try to upgrade the graphics of turbomine, but I think at the moment it's not important. The game should run first.
In the next few days I'll try to make a road map, or at least I want to know what I'll implement in this game. If you have any kind of advice or guidline to this, please write a comment :)
Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment